We have much more to say about this in our blog post, "Transgender Truth - What They Don't Want You to Know".
1. GENDER DYSPHORIA IS REAL - Gender dysphoria is a REAL thing that people struggle through, and we as Christians should show grace to the people struggling with that.
2. IT IS RARE - Around only 0.6% of adults in the U.S. identify as a different gender than their biological sex.
3. (MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION TO ASK) - If our gender identity is biologically determined, how do we account for people whose gender identity changes over time?
If our gender identity is self-created, why must other people accept it as reality?
4. FEELING SOMETHING DOES NOT MAKE IT SO: the challenge for activists is to explain why a person’s “real” SEX is determined by an inner gender identity, but AGE and HEIGHT and RACE and SPECIES are not determined by an inner sense of identity.
5. THE MEDICINE - Transgender medicine is a 4-step treatment process of social transition, puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and surgery.
Transgender activists argue that children should start social transition in kindergarten, puberty blockers at 9, cross-sex hormones at 16, and surgery at 18.
6. PARENTS HAVE NO SAY - If parents don't agree with their children getting beginning treatments their child may be taken away from them (as a "toxic environment), and the parents will be told it’s the only way to prevent the child from committing suicide.
7. FIELD TRIPS BECOME DANGEROUS - Girls will have no advance notice that a boy who identifies as a girl, but has all the standard male body parts will be undressing in their locker room or shower, or spending the night in their hotel room.
8. Between 80% and 95% of children who express a discordant gender identity will come to identify with their bodily sex if natural development is allowed to proceed.
Check out our Blog - "Transgender Truth - What They Don't Want You To Know"
Check out the book "When Harry Became Sally" under the "Transgender" tab on our Book List.